New Centering Prayer Groups
St Joseph the Worker Catholic Church
1st and 3rd Saturdays, 10-11:00 a.m.
Edgcumbe Presbyterian Church
12-Step-Friendly Centering Prayer group
Tuesdays, 3:00-4:00 p.m.
Church of St. Gerard
Thursdays, 6:00 pm
University Lutheran Church of Hope
UMN Campus, Minneapolis
Fridays, 1:00 p.m.
To learn more, click here.
The Wisdom of Father Keating
Reflect on New Wine in Fresh Skins
Put new wine in fresh skins....
Matthew 9:17 NJB
New wine is a marvelous image of the Holy Spirit. As we move to the intuitive level of consciousness through contemplative prayer, the energy of the Spirit cannot be contained in old structures. They are not flexible enough.... The new wine is the contemplative dimension of the Gospel. Its basic act is to consent to the presence and action of the Spirit within us. This consent is directed not to our intentionality but to God's intentionality. The Spirit who loved us first is pouring the wine, not we.... If we consent to God's intentionality, he works in us through the fruits of the Spirit: boundless compassion, joy, peace, and the others enumerated by Paul. (AW, 89-91)
You are lead by the Spirit....
Galatians 5:18 NJB
From: The Daily Reader for Contemplative Living
Excerpts from the works of Father Thomas Keating
Compiled by S. Stephanie Iachetta
For out-state Minnesota Meetings, click here.
- We are an ecumenical group of women and men volunteers ministering together to support and nurture the practitioners of Centering Prayer in Minnesota. We do this by providing teachers, sharing resources and building community.
- Centering Prayer is an ancient form of Christian meditation that deepens a practitioner's relationship with God.
- Minnesota Contemplative Outreach is one of more than 120 chapters in 53 countries formed by National Contemplative Outreach, Ltd., a worldwide spiritual network that provides support and resources for Centering Prayer Practitioners.
- We have 21 teachers offering introductory classes, retreats and other enrichment opportunities throughout the year. We also support Centering Prayer groups throughout the state.
- Please contact us if you have submissions for our blog, Presence & Action; are forming a new group; or would like to announce an upcoming event.