Contemplative Life Program
Plymouth Congregational Church
First Tuesdays: October 4th to March 7
Monthly evening meetings to explore, support and deepen your practice of meditation
in the company of fellow spiritual travelers.
Facilitated by Diane Boruff and Paula Norwood.
To learn more, click here.
Introduction to Centering Prayer
Risen Savior Catholic Community
Saturday October 22nd
and Saturday, October 29th
The intention of this 2-session workshop is to kindle the contemplative dimension of the gospel, and share the gift of Centering Prayer with people of all faiths.
To learn more, click here.
Fall Retreat 2016
Humility and Our Basic Core of Goodness
October 14-16, 2016
Christ the King Retreat Center
With nationally acclaimed
guest presenter Shawn Kafader
To learn more, please click here.
The Wisdom of Father Keating
Experience the God Who Is
Christ ... fills everything ... with his presence.
Ephesians 1:23 NLT
So even the words of Scripture that point to God are valuable in so far as they point but they cannot communicate the experience of the God who is, who was, and is to come. It's only the presence of that God freely and totally presenting Himself to you. And what does that say? It says something about the heart of God we've got to know. And that is, He's not waiting for you to earn your keep, so to speak, or to impress Him with your virtues, or to do great works for God. He only is interested in you as you. You don't have to do a thing to win His love. Why? You've already got it! You don't have to do a thing to get into His presence. He's always there. This is the right view of reality. (WG)
As a result [of Christ's death on the cross], he has brought you
into the very presence of God, and you are holy and blameless
as you stand before him without a single fault.
Colossians 1:22 NLT
From: The Daily Reader for Contemplative Living
Excerpts from the works of Father Thomas Keating
Compiled by S. Stephanie Iachetta
New Blog Article
In the Desert: a 4-part article by Jody Johnson, reflecting on her two week study and prayer sabbatical at Desert House of Prayer in Tucson, Arizona. Jody is an oblate at Visitation Monastery, and contemplative practice & spiritual formation teacher at United Theological Seminary.
To start reading, click here.
For out-state Minnesota Meetings, click here.
- We are an ecumenical group of women and men volunteers ministering together to support and nurture the practitioners of Centering Prayer in Minnesota. We do this by providing teachers, sharing resources and building community.
- Centering Prayer is an ancient form of Christian meditation that deepens a practitioner's relationship with God.
- Minnesota Contemplative Outreach is one of more than 120 chapters in 53 countries formed by National Contemplative Outreach, Ltd., a worldwide spiritual network that provides support and resources for Centering Prayer Practitioners.
- We have 21 teachers offering introductory classes, retreats and other enrichment opportunities throughout the year. We also support Centering Prayer groups throughout the state.
- Please contact us if you have submissions for our blog, Presence & Action; are forming a new group; or would like to announce an upcoming event.