How to Grow Your Group
Thursday, June 29th
Benedictine Center, St. Paul's Monastery
Leaders from several local centering prayer groups share their practical experiences
in building vibrant groups.
To learn more, click here.
Fall Retreat 2017
Christ the King Retreat Center
Ellie Hyatt and Jody Reis Johnson
To learn more and register, click here.
The Wisdom of Father Keating
Into your hands ... I commend my soul....
Charles de Foucauld
The way of pure faith is to persevere in contemplative practice without worrying about where we are on the journey, and without comparing ourselves with others or judging others' gifts as better than ours. We can be spared of all this nonsense if we surrender ourselves to the divine action, whatever the psychological content of our prayer may be. In pure faith, the results are often hidden even from those who are growing the most.... The divine light of faith is totally available in the degree that we consent and surrender ourselves to its presence and action within us. It heals the wounds of a lifetime and brings us to transforming union, empowering us to enter Christ's redemptive program, first by the healing of our own deep wounds, and then by sharing in the healing of others. (IL, 118-19)
Blessed be ... the Father of mercies and the God of all consolation, who consoles us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to console those who are in any affliction....
2 Corinthians 1:3-4 NRSV
From: The Daily Reader for Contemplative Living
Excerpts from the works of Father Thomas Keating
Compiled by S. Stephanie Iachetta
New Centering Prayer Groups
Church of the Risen Savior
Wednesdays, 9:30-10:00 a.m.
Thursdays, 6:15-6:45 p.m.
House of Hope Presbyterian Church
Mondays, 11:00 a.m.
To learn more, click here.
For out-state Minnesota Meetings, click here.
- We are an ecumenical group of women and men volunteers ministering together to support and nurture the practitioners of Centering Prayer in Minnesota. We do this by providing teachers, sharing resources and building community.
- Centering Prayer is an ancient form of Christian meditation that deepens a practitioner's relationship with God.
- Minnesota Contemplative Outreach is one of more than 120 chapters in 53 countries formed by National Contemplative Outreach, Ltd., a worldwide spiritual network that provides support and resources for Centering Prayer Practitioners.
- We have 21 teachers offering introductory classes, retreats and other enrichment opportunities throughout the year. We also support Centering Prayer groups throughout the state.
- Please contact us if you have submissions for our blog, Presence & Action; are forming a new group; or would like to announce an upcoming event.