Contemplative Life Program
Plymouth Congregational Church
First Tuesdays: October 4th to March 7
Monthly evening meetings to explore, support and deepen your practice of meditation
in the company of fellow spiritual travelers.
Facilitated by Diane Boruff and Paula Norwood.
To learn more, click here.
Introduction to Centering Prayer
Risen Savior Catholic Community
Saturday October 22nd
and Saturday, October 29th
The intention of this 2-session workshop is to kindle the contemplative dimension of the gospel, and share the gift of Centering Prayer with people of all faiths.
To learn more, click here.
The Wisdom of Father Keating
Centering Prayer -- Our True Self -- The Mind of Christ
You have set my heart free.
Psalm 119:32 NIV
The presence of God is going to accompany us into daily life whether in other forms of prayer, in our relationships, or our workplace. Without trying to, but just by being in God as you go about your daily functions, you exercise a kind of apostolate. In your very joking you may be pouring grace into the atmosphere and into other people. All our activities need to come out of this center. Centering Prayer tends not only to access our spiritual nature, but to express the true self. We are coming from an inner freedom that more and more, without our thinking about it, expresses the mind of Christ in our particular daily lives through the welling up and flowing over of the fruits of the Spirit and the Beatitudes. (IG, 159-60)
We have the mind of Christ.
1 Corinthians 2:16 NIV
From: The Daily Reader for Contemplative Living
Excerpts from the works of Father Thomas Keating
Compiled by S. Stephanie Iachetta
New Blog Article
In the Desert: a 4-part article by Jody Johnson, reflecting on her two week study and prayer sabbatical at Desert House of Prayer in Tucson, Arizona. Jody is an oblate at Visitation Monastery, and contemplative practice & spiritual formation teacher at United Theological Seminary.
To start reading, click here.
For out-state Minnesota Meetings, click here.
- We are an ecumenical group of women and men volunteers ministering together to support and nurture the practitioners of Centering Prayer in Minnesota. We do this by providing teachers, sharing resources and building community.
- Centering Prayer is an ancient form of Christian meditation that deepens a practitioner's relationship with God.
- Minnesota Contemplative Outreach is one of more than 120 chapters in 53 countries formed by National Contemplative Outreach, Ltd., a worldwide spiritual network that provides support and resources for Centering Prayer Practitioners.
- We have 21 teachers offering introductory classes, retreats and other enrichment opportunities throughout the year. We also support Centering Prayer groups throughout the state.
- Please contact us if you have submissions for our blog, Presence & Action; are forming a new group; or would like to announce an upcoming event.