Morning Centering Prayer for Peace
7:00 AM CT, DAILY
Sustaining the intention of peace for the Twin Cities,
we hold prayerful silence together, in unity,
in love and support for all people in our communities.
Facilitated by Carol Quest
Open Mind, Open Heart:
A Contemplative Journey
The contemplative journey
is the most responsible of all responses to God
because so much depends on it
—the future of humanity. (Thomas Keating)
January 3rd through March 29th 2021
8:00-9:00 a.m. CT
To learn more, click here.
Training the Heart: What Benedict & Ignatius Offer in Support of Centering Prayer
Join spiritual directors Sam Rahberg and Peter Watkins to explore and experience how time-tested practices, especially Ignatius’ Praying with Imagination and Examen, can complement and support the practice of Centering Prayer.
Saturday, February 27, 2021
1:00-4:00 p.m. CT
Learn more and register
Time Change This Week & Next
Thursday Evening Centering Prayer
will be held on Wednesday at 7:00
this week (12/24) and next (12/31)
7:00 PM CT, Thursdays
Facilitated by Laurie Erickson
Entering the Mystical Mandala:
Centering Oneself in the Sacred Circle
Guest Presenter: Shawn Kafader
Saturday, January 23rd, 2021
8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
To learn more and register, click here.
Unloading of the Unconscious
The term “Unloading of the Unconscious” refers to the process of inner healing and transformation that can take place as we practice Centering Prayer.
In this video recorded at the August 5th Zoom Workshop, Mark Rodel and Jody Reis Johnson explore this oft-neglected topic with insight and sensitivity.
Centering Prayer Introductory Workshop
This Introductory Workshop (94 mins) includes themes of Prayer as Relationship, The Method of Centering Prayer, Thoughts and Use of the Sacred Word, and Deepening Our Relationship with God, and time when you can pause the video for two 20-minute periods of Centering Prayer.
All Minnesota Centering Prayer groups
have suspended face-to-face meetings during the pandemic.
If you would like to find online zoom meetings,
or if you would like your meeting added to the list,
please click here.
Looking for a way to hold silence in community
AND remain attentive
to compassionate social distancing?
Click here to join the worldwide community
that is practicing Centering Prayer online, together.
- We are an ecumenical group of women and men volunteers ministering together to support and nurture the practitioners of Centering Prayer in Minnesota. We do this by providing teachers, sharing resources and building community.
- Centering Prayer is an ancient form of Christian meditation that deepens a practitioner's relationship with God.
- Minnesota Contemplative Outreach is one of more than 120 chapters in 53 countries formed by National Contemplative Outreach, Ltd., a worldwide spiritual network that provides support and resources for Centering Prayer Practitioners.
- We have 21 teachers offering introductory classes, retreats and other enrichment opportunities throughout the year. We also support Centering Prayer groups throughout the state.
- Please contact us if you have submissions for our blog, Presence & Action; are forming a new group; or would like to announce an upcoming event.