Morning Centering Prayer for Peace
7:00 AM CT, DAILY
Sustaining the intention of peace for the Twin Cities,
we hold prayerful silence together, in unity,
in love and support for all people in our communities.
Hosted by facilitators from the
Minnesota Contemplative Outreach community
2022 MNCO Fall Retreat
Inner Healing & Transformation
Hybrid (In-Person and Online)
November 11 through 13
Franciscan Retreat Center, in Prior Lake
In-Person Retreat Leader: Jenny Adamson
To learn more and register online,
Thursday Evening Centering Prayer
7:00 PM CT, Thursdays
Facilitated by Laurie Erickson
Volunteers Needed for Bringing Centering Prayer to Stillwater Prison
After over 2 years, centering prayer volunteers will be returning to bring this prayer to the men living at Stillwater prison. We hold a centering prayer session at the chapel at Stillwater Prison on Monday afternoons from approximately 1:30 to 2:30 p.m. Both men and women volunteers are welcome. However, we are not able to visit weekly because we need more volunteers. If you have a practice of centering prayer and want more information about bringing this prayer to men in prison,
please contact Mark Thiel.
Returning to In-Person Meetings?
Please let us know if your group is resuming in-person meetings so that we can update your listing.
Contact Mark Thiel or Adam Gordon.
(This is the same link as is used for the 7:00 a.m.
Morning Centering Prayer for Peace)
July 24th to August 28th
8:00 - 9:00 AM CT
God’s will is not always evident. Discernment sifts the evidence and then decides, in the light of the inward attraction of grace, what God seems to be asking here and now. ~Thomas Keating
Starting Sunday July 24th, you are invited to participate in Contemplative Outreach's 40-day practice entitled, "Discernment: Practicing the Holy Spirit."
During the week before each gathering, participants will take part in short daily readings and simple exercises which will allow us to better explore practicing discernment, and how we might begin to better bring the act of discernment into our daily life.
Then during the Sunday gathering from 8-9:00 a.m., we will join in community with fellow participants and share how we are experiencing the weekly readings and practices.
All are welcome. Please register using the button above so you can receive weekly handouts for discussion and any programming updates. Please RSVP for this six week series, even if you have registered for previous series.
There is no cost for participation.
The booklet we will be using, "Discernment: Practicing the Holy Spirit," can be purchased from the Contemplative Outreach website by clicking here. Since the hard-copy booklet is out of print, we will be using the digital download version.
July 24: Movement I: Out of Silence, Calling Upon the Holy Spirit
July 31: Movement II: Forming the Question
August 7: Movement III: Listening, Sorting, Waiting for a Confirmation Sign
August 14: Movement IV: Respond and Ritualize
August 21: Movement V: Go Forth in Peace
August 28: Discernment as a Way of Life
Looking for a way to hold
silence in community
AND remain attentive
to compassionate social distancing?
Click here to join the worldwide community
that is practicing Centering Prayer online, together.
- We are an ecumenical group of women and men volunteers ministering together to support and nurture the practitioners of Centering Prayer in Minnesota. We do this by providing teachers, sharing resources and building community.
- Centering Prayer is an ancient form of Christian meditation that deepens a practitioner's relationship with God.
- Minnesota Contemplative Outreach is one of more than 120 chapters in 53 countries formed by National Contemplative Outreach, Ltd., a worldwide spiritual network that provides support and resources for Centering Prayer Practitioners.
- We have 21 teachers offering introductory classes, retreats and other enrichment opportunities throughout the year. We also support Centering Prayer groups throughout the state.
- Please contact us if you have submissions for our blog, Presence & Action; are forming a new group; or would like to announce an upcoming event.