Need technical help joining a Zoom meeting?
Contact Adam Gordon by email,
and he'll walk you through the process.
Looking for a way to hold silence in community
AND remain attentive
to compassionate social distancing?
Click here to join the worldwide community
that is practicing Centering Prayer online, together.
Day of Prayer, Day of Celebration
Spring Workshop - Saturday April 25th
Hill Murray School, Maplewood
9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Our day of enrichment will be led by Contemplative Outreach's Father Carl Arico.
To learn more, click here.
Save the Date - Fall Retreat 2020
With Grateful Hearts:
Personal Reflections on the Spiritual Journey
Christ the King Retreat Center, Buffalo MN
Facilitator: Shawn Kafader
This retreat will use the late Thomas Merton’s stages of spiritual development as a basis for exploring our own personal spiritual journey. The retreat will offer five conferences: The Gift of the Journey; the Formative Stage; the Transformative Stage; The Dark Night; and The Unitive Stage as a foundation for reflecting on our own spiritual story.
Online registration will go live in early July.
The Wisdom of Father Keating
Awakening to the Divine Presence
The ideal disposition for the divine encounter is the gathering together of one's whole being in silent and alert attentiveness. The practice of interior silence produces gradually what the voice in the vision produced instantly: the capacity to listen. It withdraws the false self from its self-centeredness and allows the true self to emerge into our awareness. [...] The awakening to the divine Presence emerges from what Meister Eckhardt called "the ground of being" - that level of being which in Christ is divine by nature and which is in us divine by participation.
This is my beloved Son.... listen to him.
Mathew 17:5 NAB
From: The Daily Reader for Contemplative Living
Excerpts from the works of Father Thomas Keating
Compiled by S. Stephanie Iachetta
A Response to the Divine Invitation
- We are an ecumenical group of women and men volunteers ministering together to support and nurture the practitioners of Centering Prayer in Minnesota. We do this by providing teachers, sharing resources and building community.
- Centering Prayer is an ancient form of Christian meditation that deepens a practitioner's relationship with God.
- Minnesota Contemplative Outreach is one of more than 120 chapters in 53 countries formed by National Contemplative Outreach, Ltd., a worldwide spiritual network that provides support and resources for Centering Prayer Practitioners.
- We have 21 teachers offering introductory classes, retreats and other enrichment opportunities throughout the year. We also support Centering Prayer groups throughout the state.
- Please contact us if you have submissions for our blog, Presence & Action; are forming a new group; or would like to announce an upcoming event.