Morning Centering Prayer for Peace
7:00 AM CT, DAILY
Sustaining the intention of peace for the Twin Cities,
we hold prayerful silence together, in unity,
in love and support for all people in our communities.
Hosted by facilitators from the
Minnesota Contemplative Outreach community
2021 Fall Retreat
Christ the King Retreat Center in Buffalo, MN
Online guest presenter: Fr. Vincent Pizzuto
Click here to learn more and register
Thursday Evening Centering Prayer
7:00 PM CT, Thursdays
Facilitated by Laurie Erickson
Returning to In-Person Meetings?
Please let us know if your group is resuming in-person meetings so that we can update your listing.
Contact Mark Thiel or Adam Gordon.
Looking for a way to hold silence in community
AND remain attentive
to compassionate social distancing?
Click here to join the worldwide community
that is practicing Centering Prayer online, together.
Summer Sunday Morning Gatherings
Sundays, June 6 - August 29
8:00-9:00 a.m. CT
No Registration Needed
Our Sunday morning gatherings continue throughout the summer. Each week we will be reviewing a few guidelines for "Contemplative Living, Growth and Transformation" from chapter 12 of Open Mind, Open Heart. The format for the gatherings will continue to be: lectio-style reading, followed by small and large group sharing. We will continue to share insights from our contemplative practices: Centering Prayer, Welcoming prayer, walking in nature… Wherever and However God is speaking into your life. As we practice surrender or "consent" to God’s presence and action in all that we encounter, may we see ourselves and others as God’s Beloved Ones.
Schedule for the upcoming weeks:
June 6 - Week 1: Principles 1-3 from Chapter 12 of Open Mind, Open Heart
June 13 - Week 2: Principles 4-7
June 20 - Week 3: Principles 8-11
June 27 - Week 4: Principles 12-14
July 4 - No session
July 11 - Week 5: Principles 15-17, 38
July 18 - Week 6: Principles 18-20, 37
July 25 - Week 7: Principles 21-25
Aug 1 - Week 8: Principles 26-27, 40
Aug 8 - Week 9: Principles 28-29, 36
Aug 15 - Week 10: Principles 30-31, 35
August 22 - Week 11: Principles 32-34
August 29 - Week 12: Principles 39, 41-42.
You are welcome to attend any or all sessions. We look forward to journeying with you as we grow in relationship with God and with each other.
- We are an ecumenical group of women and men volunteers ministering together to support and nurture the practitioners of Centering Prayer in Minnesota. We do this by providing teachers, sharing resources and building community.
- Centering Prayer is an ancient form of Christian meditation that deepens a practitioner's relationship with God.
- Minnesota Contemplative Outreach is one of more than 120 chapters in 53 countries formed by National Contemplative Outreach, Ltd., a worldwide spiritual network that provides support and resources for Centering Prayer Practitioners.
- We have 21 teachers offering introductory classes, retreats and other enrichment opportunities throughout the year. We also support Centering Prayer groups throughout the state.
- Please contact us if you have submissions for our blog, Presence & Action; are forming a new group; or would like to announce an upcoming event.