Morning Centering Prayer for Peace
7:00 AM CT, DAILY
Sustaining the intention of peace for the Twin Cities,
we hold prayerful silence together, in unity,
in love and support for all people in our communities.
Hosted by facilitators from the
Minnesota Contemplative Outreach community
2022 MNCO Fall Retreat
Inner Healing & Transformation
Hybrid (In-Person and Online)
November 11 through 13
Franciscan Retreat Center, in Prior Lake
In-Person Retreat Leader: Jenny Adamson
To learn more and register online,
Thursday Evening Centering Prayer
7:00 PM CT, Thursdays
Facilitated by Laurie Erickson
Volunteers Needed for Bringing Centering Prayer to Stillwater Prison
After over 2 years, centering prayer volunteers will be returning to bring this prayer to the men living at Stillwater prison. We hold a centering prayer session at the chapel at Stillwater Prison on Monday afternoons from approximately 1:30 to 2:30 p.m. Both men and women volunteers are welcome. However, we are not able to visit weekly because we need more volunteers. If you have a practice of centering prayer and want more information about bringing this prayer to men in prison,
please contact Mark Thiel.
Returning to In-Person Meetings?
Please let us know if your group is resuming in-person meetings so that we can update your listing.
Contact Mark Thiel or Adam Gordon.
(This is the same link as is used for the 7:00 a.m.
Morning Centering Prayer for Peace)
September 11th to November 6th
8:00 - 9:00 AM CT
Starting Sunday September 11th, you are invited to participate in selected chapters of Intimacy with God: An Introduction to Centering Prayer, by Thomas Keating.
Participation will include weekly chapter readings and an invitation to a simple practice which will encourage us to invite the Holy Spirit to be our reading partner. This will allow us to explore our motivation for this journey and encourage greater awareness of our path. Participants will convene as a group on Sunday mornings from 8:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. to sit in community with fellow participants and share how they are experiencing the weekly readings and practice.
While it is not necessary to attend the upcoming fall retreat to benefit from the series, the Intimacy with God Series can be both a preparation and a resource for the upcoming retreat Divine Therapy: Inner Healing & Transformation Nov. 11-13, led by Jenny Adamson. The book illustrates how regular contemplative practice can initiate a healing process that might be called ‘the divine therapy.’
All are welcome, no prior knowledge or practice is necessary.
Please register (click on the link above), so you can receive weekly handouts for discussion and any programming
updates. There is no cost for participation.
The book, Intimacy with God: An Introduction to Centering Prayer is available on Amazon in paperback ($14.39) or Kindle
($11.99) formats or at the Contemplative Outreach website ($16.95).
September 11: Introduction
September 18: Chapter One
September 25: Chapter Two
October 2: Chapter Three
October 9, 16, 23: Chapter Four
October 30: Chapter 5
November 6: Chapter 6
LLooking for a way to hold
silence in community
AND remain attentive
to compassionate social distancing?
Click here to join the worldwide community
that is practicing Centering Prayer online, together.
- We are an ecumenical group of women and men volunteers ministering together to support and nurture the practitioners of Centering Prayer in Minnesota. We do this by providing teachers, sharing resources and building community.
- Centering Prayer is an ancient form of Christian meditation that deepens a practitioner's relationship with God.
- Minnesota Contemplative Outreach is one of more than 120 chapters in 53 countries formed by National Contemplative Outreach, Ltd., a worldwide spiritual network that provides support and resources for Centering Prayer Practitioners.
- We have 21 teachers offering introductory classes, retreats and other enrichment opportunities throughout the year. We also support Centering Prayer groups throughout the state.
- Please contact us if you have submissions for our blog, Presence & Action; are forming a new group; or would like to announce an upcoming event.