Unloading of the Unconscious:
Inner Healing and Transformation
Wednesday, August 5, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
Facilitators: Jody Reis Johnson and Mark Rodel
To learn more and RSVP for this event,
With Grateful Hearts:
Personal Reflections on the Spiritual Journey
Fall Virtual Retreat, October 16-18
Facilitator: Shawn Kafader
This retreat will explore Thomas Merton’s
stages of spiritual development
as a basis for exploring our own personal spiritual journey.
To learn more and register, click here.
Morning Centering Prayer for Peace
7:00 AM CT, DAILY
Sustaining the intention of peace for the Twin Cities,
we hold prayerful silence together, in unity,
in love and support for all people in our communities.
Facilitated by Carol Quest
Thursday Evening Centering Prayer
7:00 PM CT, Thursdays
Facilitated by Laurie Erickson
All Minnesota Centering Prayer groups
have suspended face-to-face meetings during the pandemic.
If you would like to find online zoom meetings,
or if you would like your meeting added to the list,
please click here.
Looking for a way to hold silence in community
AND remain attentive
to compassionate social distancing?
Click here to join the worldwide community
that is practicing Centering Prayer online, together.
The Wisdom of Father Keating
Awakening to the Divine Presence
The ideal disposition for the divine encounter is the gathering together of one's whole being in silent and alert attentiveness. The practice of interior silence produces gradually what the voice in the vision produced instantly: the capacity to listen. It withdraws the false self from its self-centeredness and allows the true self to emerge into our awareness. [...] The awakening to the divine Presence emerges from what Meister Eckhardt called "the ground of being" - that level of being which in Christ is divine by nature and which is in us divine by participation.
This is my beloved Son.... listen to him.
Mathew 17:5 NAB
From: The Daily Reader for Contemplative Living
Excerpts from the works of Father Thomas Keating
Compiled by S. Stephanie Iachetta
A Response to the Divine Invitation
- We are an ecumenical group of women and men volunteers ministering together to support and nurture the practitioners of Centering Prayer in Minnesota. We do this by providing teachers, sharing resources and building community.
- Centering Prayer is an ancient form of Christian meditation that deepens a practitioner's relationship with God.
- Minnesota Contemplative Outreach is one of more than 120 chapters in 53 countries formed by National Contemplative Outreach, Ltd., a worldwide spiritual network that provides support and resources for Centering Prayer Practitioners.
- We have 21 teachers offering introductory classes, retreats and other enrichment opportunities throughout the year. We also support Centering Prayer groups throughout the state.
- Please contact us if you have submissions for our blog, Presence & Action; are forming a new group; or would like to announce an upcoming event.