Save the Date!
Seeing with the Eyes of the Heart
Sunday February 2nd, 1-3:30 p.m.
Minneapolis Institute of Art
Join us for our annual collaboration with Museum Sage.
Centering Prayer followed by a guided dialogue with works of art that will provide insight into our spiritual journey.
More information to come.
Online registration starts December 15th.
A Response to the Divine Invitation
The Wisdom of Father Keating
God Is Love
Beloved, ... God is love.
Notice John doesn't just say God shows love. God is love. This is a huge distinction. The love of God is God. That means it's not sentimental. It's incredibly powerful. It's ruthlessly determined. It's determined to give itself away at any cost. And one problem we have with the God who really is, is that he'll invite us to do the same. If it's not in this life, on your deathbed you finally have to say goodbye to the false self. You can't take it with you. (WG)
Beloved, let us love one another, because love is of God; everyone who loves is begotten by God and knows God. Whoever is without love does not know God, for God is love. In this way the love of God is revealed to us: God sent his only Son into the world so that we might have life through him.
1 John 4:7-8 NAB
From: The Daily Reader for Contemplative Living
Excerpts from the works of Father Thomas Keating
Compiled by S. Stephanie Iachetta
2018 Fall Retreat, Buffalo Lake, MN
- We are an ecumenical group of women and men volunteers ministering together to support and nurture the practitioners of Centering Prayer in Minnesota. We do this by providing teachers, sharing resources and building community.
- Centering Prayer is an ancient form of Christian meditation that deepens a practitioner's relationship with God.
- Minnesota Contemplative Outreach is one of more than 120 chapters in 53 countries formed by National Contemplative Outreach, Ltd., a worldwide spiritual network that provides support and resources for Centering Prayer Practitioners.
- We have 21 teachers offering introductory classes, retreats and other enrichment opportunities throughout the year. We also support Centering Prayer groups throughout the state.
- Please contact us if you have submissions for our blog, Presence & Action; are forming a new group; or would like to announce an upcoming event.