Morning Centering Prayer for Peace
7:00 AM CT, DAILY
Sustaining the intention of peace for the Twin Cities,
we hold prayerful silence together, in unity,
in love and support for all people in our communities.
Hosted by facilitators from the
Minnesota Contemplative Outreach community
Thursday Evening Centering Prayer
7:00 PM CT, Thursdays
Facilitated by Laurie Erickson
Returning to In-Person Meetings?
Please let us know if your group is resuming in-person meetings so that we can update your listing.
Contact Mark Thiel or Adam Gordon.
Looking for a way
to strengthen your daily practice
and hold silence in community?
Click here to join the worldwide community
that is practicing Centering Prayer online, together.
(This is the same link as is used for the 7:00 a.m.
Morning Centering Prayer for Peace)
We will not be meeting 11/12 (MNCO retreat) or
11/19 (Thanksgiving Break)
November 26 to December 24, 2023
8:00 - 9:00 AM CT
Starting Sunday November 26th, you are invited to participate in a 5-week series of Sunday Gatherings focusing on the Advent season.
During this 5 week period, we will read and reflect on one reading per week, to minimize homework during this busy season, while also allowing an opportunity to go deeper on 5 specific selections. The readings will be taken from The Daily Reader for Contemplative Living, which uses excerpts from the Works of Fr. Thomas Keating to meet the changing themes throughout the year.
Those who register will receive an email with the reading to study for the week. Participants are encouraged to review the reading multiple times throughout the week, and consider the content prayerfully. Participants will then convene as a group on Sunday mornings from 8:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. to sit in community with fellow participants and share how they experienced the weekly reading and their Centering Prayer practice.
All are welcome, no prior knowledge or practice is necessary.
Please register (click on the link above), so you can receive the weekly email, along with any programming updates.
There is no cost for participation, and no need to purchase a book.
While we will be emailing out the five readings used for this series, the book, The Daily Reader for Contemplative Living is available on Amazon in paperback ($23.59, cheaper if ok with a used copy) or at the Contemplative Outreach website ($22.95).
November 26: Practical Advice from Mary
December 3: The Gospel Addresses Our Search for Happiness
December 10: The Ripe Fruit of the Christmas-Epiphany Mystery
December 17: Open Ourselves to a Higher State of Consciousness
December 24: Joy of Christmas!
Please register even if you have previously registered for Sunday Gatherings.
Minnesota Contemplative Outreach Prison Ministry
Minnesota Contemplative Outreach is blessed with an active prison ministry that brings centering prayer to people who are incarcerated. We hold a centering prayer session at the chapel at the correctional facility at Stillwater on Monday afternoons from approximately 1:30 to 2:30 p.m. and at the correctional facility at Shakopee on Wednesday afternoons. Both locations can use more men and women volunteers. If you want more information about bringing this prayer to incarcerated individuals, please contact Mark Thiel.
- We are an ecumenical group of women and men volunteers ministering together to support and nurture the practitioners of Centering Prayer in Minnesota. We do this by providing teachers, sharing resources and building community.
- Centering Prayer is an ancient form of Christian meditation that deepens a practitioner's relationship with God.
- Minnesota Contemplative Outreach is one of more than 120 chapters in 53 countries formed by National Contemplative Outreach, Ltd., a worldwide spiritual network that provides support and resources for Centering Prayer Practitioners.
- We have 21 teachers offering introductory classes, retreats and other enrichment opportunities throughout the year. We also support Centering Prayer groups throughout the state.
- Please contact us if you have submissions for our blog, Presence & Action; are forming a new group; or would like to announce an upcoming event.