Morning Centering Prayer for Peace
7:00 AM CT, DAILY
Sustaining the intention of peace for the Twin Cities,
we hold prayerful silence together, in unity,
in love and support for all people in our communities.
Facilitated by Carol Quest
Centering Prayer In Three Dimensions
Saturday, October 24, 9:30-2:30
Join us online for a day of exploration, teaching & practice, deepening connection, and sharing with one another the experience of growing in God's love through various methods of contemplation. Facilitated by Mary Lapham and Sister Beth Lynn.
To learn more and RSVP, click here.
With Grateful Hearts:
Personal Reflections on the Spiritual Journey
Fall Virtual Retreat, October 16-18
Facilitator: Shawn Kafader
This retreat will explore Thomas Merton’s
stages of spiritual development
as a basis for exploring our own personal spiritual journey.
To learn more and register, click here.
Thursday Evening Centering Prayer
7:00 PM CT, Thursdays
Facilitated by Laurie Erickson
All Minnesota Centering Prayer groups
have suspended face-to-face meetings during the pandemic.
If you would like to find online zoom meetings,
or if you would like your meeting added to the list,
please click here.
Looking for a way to hold silence in community
AND remain attentive
to compassionate social distancing?
Click here to join the worldwide community
that is practicing Centering Prayer online, together.
Unloading of the Unconscious
The term “Unloading of the Unconscious” refers to the process of inner healing and transformation that can take place as we practice Centering Prayer.
In this video recorded at the August 5th Zoom Workshop, Mark Rodel and Jody Reis Johnson explore this oft-neglected topic with insight and sensitivity.
A Response to the Divine Invitation
- We are an ecumenical group of women and men volunteers ministering together to support and nurture the practitioners of Centering Prayer in Minnesota. We do this by providing teachers, sharing resources and building community.
- Centering Prayer is an ancient form of Christian meditation that deepens a practitioner's relationship with God.
- Minnesota Contemplative Outreach is one of more than 120 chapters in 53 countries formed by National Contemplative Outreach, Ltd., a worldwide spiritual network that provides support and resources for Centering Prayer Practitioners.
- We have 21 teachers offering introductory classes, retreats and other enrichment opportunities throughout the year. We also support Centering Prayer groups throughout the state.
- Please contact us if you have submissions for our blog, Presence & Action; are forming a new group; or would like to announce an upcoming event.