Welcoming Prayer Retreat
October 12 to 14
with guest presenter
Mary Dwyer of Contemplative Outreach
Christ the King Retreat Center
Buffalo, Minnesota (map)
For more information and to register,
Where is the Spirit Leading Us?
A Celebration of Contemplative Service
Thursday, June 21st, 6:30-9:00 p.m.
Colonial Church of Edina
For more information, click here.
New Centering Prayer Group
Lumen Christi Catholic Community (map)
Every other Saturday, starting April 14th
(alternates with Salem Lutheran)
For more info, contact Jim Babin at 651-699-2514
The Wisdom of Father Keating
Love turns work into rest.
Saint Teresa of Avila
Every time there is significant growth in our spiritual development all our relationships change -- to God, to ourselves, to other people, and to all creation. We become a new person, as did Mary of Bethany at the feet of Jesus. From this arises a new kind of activity which might be called "contemplative service." Contemplative service is service that comes from the experience of the divine indwelling -- from the Spirit living and working within us. It is God in us serving God in others. (BP, 25-26)
as if you were serving the Lord....
Ephesians 6:7 NIV
From: The Daily Reader for Contemplative Living
Excerpts from the works of Father Thomas Keating
Compiled by S. Stephanie Iachetta
Contemplative Service Opportunity
As Father Keating observes above, contemplative service is "God in us serving God in others."
We have an opportunity for service with Minnesota Contemplative Outreach: we are looking for help managing the website and digital communications. If you or someone in your centering prayer group has an interest, and a reliable computer, please contact Adam Gordon.
For out-state Minnesota Meetings, click here.
- We are an ecumenical group of women and men volunteers ministering together to support and nurture the practitioners of Centering Prayer in Minnesota. We do this by providing teachers, sharing resources and building community.
- Centering Prayer is an ancient form of Christian meditation that deepens a practitioner's relationship with God.
- Minnesota Contemplative Outreach is one of more than 120 chapters in 53 countries formed by National Contemplative Outreach, Ltd., a worldwide spiritual network that provides support and resources for Centering Prayer Practitioners.
- We have 21 teachers offering introductory classes, retreats and other enrichment opportunities throughout the year. We also support Centering Prayer groups throughout the state.
- Please contact us if you have submissions for our blog, Presence & Action; are forming a new group; or would like to announce an upcoming event.