Morning Centering Prayer for Peace
7:00 AM CT, DAILY
Sustaining the intention of peace for the Twin Cities,
we hold prayerful silence together, in unity,
in love and support for all people in our communities.
Hosted by facilitators from the
Minnesota Contemplative Outreach community
Thursday Evening Centering Prayer
7:00 PM CT, Thursdays
Facilitated by Laurie Erickson
Save the Dates for 2024 Retreats
MNCO Fall Retreat
Christ the King Retreat Center, Buffalo MN
Guest Presenter: Carl McColman
Registration to open in July.
Advent Silent Retreat
St. Scholastica Monastery, Duluth MN
Facilitators: Jody Reis Johnson & Mark Thiel
Registration to open in September.
Looking for a way
to strengthen your daily practice
and hold silence in community?
Click here to join the worldwide community
that is practicing Centering Prayer online, together.
(This is the same link as is used for the 7:00 a.m.
Morning Centering Prayer for Peace)
You are invited to participate in a
Lenten Sunday Gathering 6-week series
focusing on The Human Condition: Contemplation and Transformation
Those who register will receive an email with the reflection prior to the Sunday it will be discussed. Participants are encouraged to read the suggested materials throughout the week, considering the content prayerfully. We then convene as a group on Sunday mornings from 8-9:00 a.m. to be in community with fellow participants and share how we experienced the weekly reading and our Centering Prayer and Welcoming Prayer practices.
All are welcome, no prior knowledge or practice is necessary. Please register (click on the link above), so you can receive the weekly email, along with any programming updates. There is no cost for participation.
We will be using Thomas Keating's book, The Human Condition: Contemplation and Transformation (Wit Lectures-Harvard Divinity School, September 1, 1999). It may be purchased at Amazon, or at other book sellers you may use. Be sure to get the correct one as there are books with similar titles.
ISBN # 978-0-8091-3882-1
Amazon: Kindle $5.30
Amazon Paperback: $8.95
LINK TO BOOK ON AMAZON
(It is not available through Contemplative Outreach. There are several videos, etc, relating to The Human Condition: Contemplation and Transformation, but not to the booklet being used in this Lenten series.)
Sunday Mornings, 8-9:00 a.m.
• February 18
• February 25
• March 3
• March 10
• March 17
• March 24
Please register even if you have previously registered for Sunday Gatherings.
Minnesota Contemplative Outreach Prison Ministry
Minnesota Contemplative Outreach is blessed with an active prison ministry that brings centering prayer to people who are incarcerated. We hold a centering prayer session at the chapel at the correctional facility at Stillwater on Monday afternoons from approximately 1:30 to 2:30 p.m. and at the correctional facility at Shakopee on Wednesday afternoons. Both locations can use more men and women volunteers. If you want more information about bringing this prayer to incarcerated individuals, please contact Mark Thiel.
- We are an ecumenical group of women and men volunteers ministering together to support and nurture the practitioners of Centering Prayer in Minnesota. We do this by providing teachers, sharing resources and building community.
- Centering Prayer is an ancient form of Christian meditation that deepens a practitioner's relationship with God.
- Minnesota Contemplative Outreach is one of more than 120 chapters in 53 countries formed by National Contemplative Outreach, Ltd., a worldwide spiritual network that provides support and resources for Centering Prayer Practitioners.
- We have 21 teachers offering introductory classes, retreats and other enrichment opportunities throughout the year. We also support Centering Prayer groups throughout the state.
- Please contact us if you have submissions for our blog, Presence & Action; are forming a new group; or would like to announce an upcoming event.