Morning Centering Prayer for Peace
7:00 AM CT, DAILY
Sustaining the intention of peace for the Twin Cities,
we hold prayerful silence together, in unity,
in love and support for all people in our communities.
Facilitated by Carol Quest
Creating Mandalas - Finding Healing in the Sacred Circle
Saturday, May 15
8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. CT
Presenter: Shawn Kafader
Learn about mandalas, create two of your own mandalas, and experience the creative process that fosters physical, psychological, and spiritual grounding in our lives. The intention of this day is to provide a route to healing ourselves and our city as we approach the anniversary of the murder of George Floyd.
The registration fee is $10
Thursday Evening Centering Prayer
7:00 PM CT, Thursdays
Facilitated by Laurie Erickson
All Minnesota Centering Prayer groups
have suspended face-to-face meetings during the pandemic.
If you would like to find online zoom meetings,
or if you would like your meeting added to the list,
please click here.
The Welcoming Prayer
Sundays, April 11-May 23
Our Sunday morning gatherings continue with a 7-week series on the Welcoming Prayer. A companion practice to Centering prayer that helps bridge prayer and daily activity, this is an embodied practice of surrender or "consent" to God’s presence and action in all that we encounter.
Click here to learn more and register.
Healing Our City Virtual Prayer Tent
8:00 AM CT daily
This virtual prayer tent began March 9 and continued through the trial of Derek Chauvin, in the killing of George Floyd on May 25, 2020 in Minneapolis. We are called to voluntarily be in prayer for God’s healing of our city. Please join this daily 20-minute experience, that will begin with a timely reflection by a different religious/spiritual leader each day. Following the reflection, participants will be invited into a period of 9 minutes and 29 seconds of silent prayer/meditation. This virtual prayer tent will continue daily through May.
You may access this prayer experience via Zoom or as a livestream on the Healing Our City Facebook page. It will also be available as a recording on the Healing Our City Facebook page.
Unloading of the Unconscious
The term “Unloading of the Unconscious” refers to the process of inner healing and transformation that can take place as we practice Centering Prayer.
In this video recorded at the August 5th Zoom Workshop, Mark Rodel and Jody Reis Johnson explore this oft-neglected topic with insight and sensitivity.
Looking for a way to hold silence in community
AND remain attentive
to compassionate social distancing?
Click here to join the worldwide community
that is practicing Centering Prayer online, together.
- We are an ecumenical group of women and men volunteers ministering together to support and nurture the practitioners of Centering Prayer in Minnesota. We do this by providing teachers, sharing resources and building community.
- Centering Prayer is an ancient form of Christian meditation that deepens a practitioner's relationship with God.
- Minnesota Contemplative Outreach is one of more than 120 chapters in 53 countries formed by National Contemplative Outreach, Ltd., a worldwide spiritual network that provides support and resources for Centering Prayer Practitioners.
- We have 21 teachers offering introductory classes, retreats and other enrichment opportunities throughout the year. We also support Centering Prayer groups throughout the state.
- Please contact us if you have submissions for our blog, Presence & Action; are forming a new group; or would like to announce an upcoming event.