Session sponsored by the Trust for the Meditation Process
Annual Conference, September 26, 2014
Part One: Audience
Who, in your experience, gets drawn to Centering Prayer?
• Does anything distinguish them from folks interested in mindfulness?
What are they looking for? What do they find that they most value?
• What are the key messages of contemplative Christianity?
• What defines its "brand"?
Where else do they look for that?
• Church? Spiritual Direction? Retreat Centers?
• Where do they "hang out"? What do they read?
• Who are the public figures and topics that interest them?
What sustains their practice? What keeps them interested?
Part Two: Future
Where do you think growth lies?
• In churches? In religious schools? In professional groups?
• Who might be interested, but wouldn't find us?
What are the obstacles to growth?
Mindfulness is getting a lot of attention, now. What do you think would most raise the profile of Christian contemplative traditions?